So Comiket 89 has finally begun in Japan today. Lets take a look back at the album previews before we get to listen to the full albums.
Here's the list of albums that I mentioned in my preview posts:
Green - I expect to really like these albums, based on the circle's prior works
Red - The most interesting and positive new finds
Yellow - Hit or miss albums
[CROW'SCLAW] - Angel's Wings
[xi-on] - Mapleaves
[Foxtail-Grass Studios] - Re*Collection
[EastNewSound] - Innocent Abyss
[Halozy] - Babyside Beat
[Tomato GUMMY (トマト組)] - JAZZ VOYAGE 3
[KamelCamelia] - Crystallized
[CROW'SCLAW] - The Spirit of the Destroyers
[Yonder Voice] - 雪幻ティルナノーグ
[Lost Garden] - STARLIGHT CONDUCTOR
[MINAMOTRANCE] - The Anthems 2015
[Assaultdoor] - Imitation Circus
[Kusemono Records] - Nokogiri Charlotte -Black Label-
[Alstroemeria Records] - POP | CULTURE 5
[Alstroemeria Records] - CLOSE TOGETHER
[HAPPY I SCREAM!!] - ハピスクまとめ チョコミント味
[Amateras Records] - Trip to Fairyland
[Hachimitsu-Lemon] - Kowarekake no Sekai no Naka de
 - "LANJERD PROJECT"3rd record
[Sense of Purpose] - Piano Works
[Applice] - 霍香の雛が見せた夢
[Crest] - 虚数の中に月の出づる
[cawa] - cawa의 앨범001: 강아지, 봉제 인형들, 실로폰 소리
[Fox Laboratory] - Touhou Gensoukai -Kanjuden no Oto-
[TatshMusicCircle] - FAR EAST OF EAST -XI-
[Shinigiwa Satellite] - DEAD RISING
[Shinigiwa Satellite] - TAKEN EP
[QUINTET] - Loveless
[AdamKadmon] - トレイン
[Pizuya's Cell] - トレイン
[Pizuya's Cell] - 怨みを溶かしたダージリン
[Diao ye Zong (withered leaf)] - 密
[Kokyo Active NEETS] - 東方フィルハーモニー交響楽団3 永
[Kokyo Active NEETS] - 第三次艦隊フィルハーモニー交響楽団
[Melodic Taste] - 紺色のシンフォニック・スイート
[Melodic Taste] - Anime Song Orchestra V
[Release Hallucination] - Melancholia
[Lilium Records] - POPOVER+TEATIME
[Lilium Records] - HARDCORE HONORS
[Bassy] - 新しい現代ポップスB feat. 茶太
[HUMMING LIFE] - アンサンブルカクテル
For the full impressions, click on the parts for the links.
Some other thoughts:
1. There were a lot of Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom (TH15) albums. Very cool that we're getting to hear some new themes and arrangements so soon after the game's release.
2. Missing Circles
There's no forest306 album this comiket. It's a shame, but he has something planned for M3 next spring.
There's also no ShibayanRecords either. His last album, sedecim, was a remix album released during Touhou Kouroumu 11 on Nov 1, 2015. I'm hoping that they get a new album in by Reitaisai next Spring.
Well, there's no kimino-museum but at least their C88 album was an indication that they were still alive!
3. I was hoping for some more Love Live arrangement albums but all I found was a metal album. Oh well! For now, you could enjoy an acoustic arrangement album by hami, and a jazz arrangement album from TOMATO GUMMY. They're both from C88.
4. I covered a lot of damn albums. Way more than my previous preview, which was for Comiket 86. Do you guys think I should focus mainly one the albums or circles that I closely follow? Or would you guys prefer what I did with this preview series, looking at both familiar and unfamiliar circles? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
5. Being informative and opinionated about doujin albums wasn't easy. Despite that, I enjoyed writing all these preview posts.
Here are the links to the doujinstyle threads for the C89 Games and Music downloads. Be sure to check in every day for some new releases.
I actually just found out today that Edelwiss released his C89 games preview video. Sorry for missing it a couple days ago! I will check it out tomorrow and report back on any interesting games that I find.
Anyways! That about covers it for my Comiket 89 preview & anticipations posts. If you're attending C89, I hope you guys have a great time and share pictures of your epic loot! I'll be sitting at home, eagerly waiting for people to upload some doujin albums.
Welcome to The Emotional Skyscraper, a blog for touhou/doujin music recommendations, games, visual novels, and other otaku related oddities.
Follow me on facebook/twitter to get updates and new posts!
Looking for album downloads? Check the Blogroll and Links tab for various sources.
Visual Novel: Steins;Gate 0
Games: Atelier Escha & Logy
is a full time otaku & audiophile who enjoys listening to Touhou music, playing doujin games, and reading visual novels. For more information, visit the About page.